Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default how to count if cell "contains" a word

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:16:16 -0400, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:

Okay, I think this is where we are looking at the problem differently. I
read into the OP's examples that his delimited text were **all** 4
characters long. For that interpretation, the commas cannot affect the
search as there would be no way to get a false positive under that
condition.

Note this response of the OP to an effort of mine in which I posed that
question:

Unfortunately, not all the values are four characters.

--ron