Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_] is offline

Default Average time

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:21:02 -0700, bpc
wrote:

I have one column with time values in 24hr clock format (1742,812,1314,etc)
without colons. I can convert the times to a 12 hour clock and add the colon
but I would prefer not to. I need to calculate the average time of the
column. Suggestions? I have tried the average function which returns an
incorrect value.

And how do you define the "average time"?`

Example: What is the expected output from an input of just the two
times 2345 and 0005?

Is it 1155 or is it 2355?

Maybe depends on what application this should be used for.

Lars-Åke