Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary Brown[_4_] Gary Brown[_4_] is offline

Default Sum of continous cell

Assume:
Col A has your budget categories such as Travel, Entertainment, etc
Cols B thru M are 'Jan' thru 'Dec'
- The months, 'Jan' thru 'Dec' labels are in row 2
Col N has formula for totals for 'Jan' thru 'Dec'
- The data starts in row 3
Cell A1 has the 'current' month that you want to sum to.
ie: In Jan, Cell A1 = 1, in Feb, Cell A1 = 2, etc
The formula in cell N3 would be...
=SUM(B3:OFFSET(B3,0,$A$1-1))

Copy this formula down the worksheet.
--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''

"Man" wrote:

I need to sum budget from month 1 to month "N", where "N" is a variable that
changes each month, but I don't want to change the sum formula, only the
variable that represents the month.