Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mtrain32000 mtrain32000 is offline

Default PERCENTILE exceeding 8191 points

The excel 2003 SP2 "help" for the percentile function says that percentile
does not support more than 8191 data points. It says that it will return
#NUM! if the array is empty or contains more than 8191. I just calculated
percentile with 10,294 data points [ =PERCENTILE(G1:G10294,0.95) ] , and I
normally perform similar calculations every week. Why does this work for me
when Microsoft says it shouldn't? I've also seen similar comments on the
internet describing the same thing.