Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brian Brian is offline

Default List multiple values in seperate cells

Thanks Max....
I didn't spell out exactly the format I had the data in....so I figured as
long as I got the correct idea from you, I'd be able to adapt the formula to
the way I needed it to be.
Unfortunately I'm still not getting it to work right....but I can tell I'm
getting close.
I just uploaded a file called "Excel" back to the website you directed me to
download the example to.
In that example, I was hoping to have the amounts $5,024.00 and $1,000.00
show up in cells B5 and B6....but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Can you let me know what you think? (or let me know where I should post this
file so that you can see it)
Thanks again Max!

"Max" wrote:

I'm puzzled by how & why you adapted it like that.
That's not what I said.
Have you changed your original question altogether?

Here's a working sample for your easy reference:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3jdbe
Brian_1.xls
--
Max
Singapore
"Brian" wrote:
Hi Max....I gave it a try....used the following formula in cell H2
=IF(Y2="","",IF(Y2=321,ROW(),""))
Then put the following in G2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(P:P),"",INDEX(Y:Y,SMALL(Y:Y,R OWS($1:1))))

I then copied this formula down to several rows.

For some reason it's generating $40.00 in the first cell...then $400.00 in
the next four. Not sure where these amounts are coming from as they are not
the results I'm looking for.
Any suggestions?