Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Cell Merging Issue

I have made all the comments and suggestions that I feel would explain your
problem and what to do to resolve it.

Gord

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:06:00 -0700, IainB
wrote:

Hi Gord

I have had a look but couldnt find anything that i thought was same as the
issue that i am having

any help would be cool as this is really holding me up

Kind Regards

Iain

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

See in-line.

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 08:40:19 -0700, IainB
wrote:

Hello

i have merged four cells together (b24:b27) which contains the same store
name "b&Q". i have found that when merging cells, the data"b&Q" is only
recognised in the top cell "b24"

That's how merged cells work. Only the top left data is retained.

So when using autofilter, searching by store name "B&Q" it only brings
information up for row 24 and not all rows "24:27"

B25:B27 no longer exist................you merged them into B24

I dont want to have to type the same store name four times in each cell in
order for autofilter option to work properly.

Autofilter recognizes data in one cell at a time.

Typing "b&Q" four times in one cell will not give you 4 distinct instances of
"b&Q"

Get rid of the merged cells and type "b&Q" in B24 then copy to B25:B27

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Is there a way to do this using merged cells or any other solution?