Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default keep old cell value and new cell value

Only by storing the old value as that value.

Copy and paste specialvalues into a new column for storage.

This would have to be done prior to changing the hourly rate.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 23:24:00 -0700, bebazza
wrote:

Hello
I have a spreadsheet that has columns a to h
column a pay no e.g. No 1, No 2 etc
column b type F,P,C etc
column c gross salary
column d per week
column e per hour
coulmn f period from
column g period to
column h day
In coulmn c i have formula =if(j70,$j$7*$j$8,0)

In cell I5 i have no of hours and in cell J5 Ihave 38la In cell I6 i have
per hour and in cell J6 I have $30-00
In cell I7 i have per week and in cell J7 i have formula =J6*J5
I have used the cell J7 as a relative cell in column C.

The problem I have is that when the hourly rate changes all the rows change
iwth the new hourly rate I need to keep old rows with old gross salary and
then for the new hourly rate to take over from a new date. would it be
possible to change these formulaes to handle this.

Thank you.