Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KW2K KW2K is offline

Default Excell Formula

Hi Max,
Thanks for the Reply, Thanks to your post I have now got it working ok.
Many Thanks !

"Max" wrote:

This might suffice
In B1: =UPPER(LEFT(A2))&MID(A2,2,99)&UPPER(LEFT(B2))&"08"
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"KW2K" wrote:
Hi !
I wonder if anyone knows the formula to carry out the following: I have a
spreadsheet with three colums, the first one has a list of surnames, the
second column has a list of first names and in the third column I want to
have Surname followed by the first letter of the Firstname followed by 08, ie
BrownC08. Where Brown is the Surname, C is the first letter of the Firstname
and 08 is 2008. I would also like to know how to change the first letter of
the surname and first letter of the firstname to Capital Latters.

Thanks in advance !