Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terri Terri is offline

Default Print area won't change

Thanks for trying but it didn't work. I removed all of the formatting and I
still get the Print Area options greyed out.

"RobM" wrote:

Sounds to me that somewhere on your sheet there are some merged cells.
Try clicking on the top left corner of the shhet and selecting Format,
Cells, Alignment, then de-selecting from the text control area the merged
cells box.

Rob

"Terri" wrote:

I am tearing my hair out -- please help! I have an Excel 2003 worksheet which
I originally created for my previous years' taxes. I added a column for this
year, copied and revised the formulas and now want to change the print area
and the page breaks. I can't get the print area to include the new column and
the page break border won't drag. When I try to copy and paste the data into
a new file, I get the message that the command can't be done with multiple
cells. I can't figure this out -- what am I missing? The original file was
recovered from a disk defrag problem about 6 weeks ago. Could the file be
corrupted and that's why it's doing this? I need this spreadsheet!