Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] roniaelm@hotmail.com is offline

Default Excel cahrt do not want plotting of empty cells

On Jul 11, 8:44*pm, "Ed Ferrero" wrote:
Hi Andy,

I have sometimes felt that this should be labelled as a bug in Excel. Column
charts correctly leave gaps, but line and scatter charts do not. As you say,
only the markers are not plotted, but the lines are still there.

A possible workaround (which works only in Excel 2007) is to use a 3d line
chart with angles and perspective set to zero. This correctly leaves a gap
in the middle, and looks pretty close to a 2d line chart.

Ed Ferrerowww.edferrero.com

Hi,

What exactly does 'not working' mean? What type of chart?

The use of NA() in a line chart will only suppress the displaying of a
data marker. The line will be interpolated between real data points.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokenlines.htm

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel- Hide quoted text -

Hi Andy,

I am trying to create a column graph.
I have made my formula to return NA() rather then a "" value if the
result is 0.
However, even though I am using NA() which supposedly shoul not plot
on a graph the data range is still plotting as 0.

Would you be able to help me with this, as I am trying to create a
dynamic set of charts and it is difficult to always manually select
the correct data ranges.

Thanks for your help!!