Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default How do I plot a v-mask in excel?

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
Andy Pope said:
And for those not in the know, what is a v-mask?

I googled, thinking "cusum" might be a typo for "custom", but it turns
out that "cusum" is a cumulative sum graph, a sort of alternative type
of control graph, and the V mask is the equivalent of the upper and
lower control lines. But, because this is a cumulative graph, instead of
being horizontal, they get closer together from left to right.

It wasn't clear to me, from the pictures I saw, whether the V lines are
straight or curved. If straight, this is just another case where a pair
of points, in a block of cells kept apart from the data columns, define
a line in an XY scatter graph. If curved, then they'll probably have to
be a series, and might as well be in spreadsheet columns alongside the
data.

--
Del Cotter