Gord Dibben

RD

Versions 2002 and 2003.

If you protect a worksheet and de-select "allow users to select locked cells"

the CTRL + PgUp and PgDn just move the cursor within that worksheet.

Reported by Harlan last week.

**************************

I've involuntarily upgraded to Excel 2002/XP. It has lots of lovely
security settings when protecting worksheets. When I _UN_check 'Select
locked cells' when protecting worksheets, the [Ctrl]+[PgDn] and
[Ctrl]+[PgUp] key combinations then function no differently than
[Alt]+[PgDn] and [Alt]+[PgUp] (so the same as they did back in Excel 4
and prior), paging right and left within the protected worksheet rather
than moving between worksheets.

If this isn't a bug, I don't know the meaning of the term. Has anyone
else come across it? There's no mention of it when searching *excel*
newsgroups in Google Groups for Ctrl and PgDn or Page Down or searching
in Microsoft's KB under Excel 2002 for these terms.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:40:05 -0700, "Ragdyer" wrote:

Which versions Nick?