Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JC Stokoe JC Stokoe is offline

Default How do I retrieve changes to an unsaved excel document

For clarification, what if it was an existing file? I modified it, but never
saved about two hours worth of work. My autorecovery interval is set to
every 10 minutes. Why are there no recovery files in the folder for this
interval of time?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Nope.

If you never saved it, all the changes are gone.

Jim wrote:

I am using WinXP home edition and Excel in Office 2000. I inadvertly closed
an excel doc without saving changes thinking I was closing the earlier
version of the doc. Needless to say I was terribly disapointed to find I
closed the wrong version of the doc. Is there any way to retrieve the doc
with the changes made to it.

--

Dave Peterson