Dave Peterson

Harlan has tweaked his code a few times.

I think that this is the latest version:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?se...wsranger.co m

Harlan has posted a link to his FTP site a couple of times:
ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/

You could check there, too.

Sandyl wrote:

I wish to use the PULL function as part of a formula but am having
problems doing this. Also notice that the PULL function sometimes does
not work. Am using Excel 2000. The following will occassionally work
but at other times return an error #VALUE!

=pull("'"&B4&"["&B1&".xls]"&B3&"'!K70")

If I now try to do the following, I get same problem:

=IF(pull("'"&B4&"["&B1&".xls]"&I1&"'!g6"),pull("'"&B4&"["&B1&".xls]"&B3&"'!K70"),"")

Am I missing something or using the function incorrectly?

By the way B4=path, B1=workbook name, B3 and I1 = sheet name.

I need this to work with both open and closed workbooks but not sure if
the function actually allows me to use with formulas. I am assuming
also that I have the latest code from Harlan. Can anyone help?

--

Dave Peterson