Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob L Rob L is offline

Default Data Validation

Better now ?

Actually what they say is "Welcome to Queensland. Turn your watch back 10
years..."

Rob L

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Check your timezone.

Rob L wrote:

Far North Queensland Mate ! We're ahead of EVERYONE !

Rob L
(just checked, and the date and time are correct)

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
Rob,

please check your system date - you seem to be a day ahead of the rest
of
us.

Pete

"Rob L" wrote in message
u...
What you can do is put a ',",^ etc as the first option - so your list
is
',A,B,C,D. The first option shows up as ' but when chosen is a blank
cell
(well essentially...)

Rob L

"wild turkey no9" wrote in
message ...
Don

Good thoughts. I was aware of using separate lists, but for this
sheet I
wanted to define the list as users may add or delete rows. Just
cannot
figure
out how to add a blank option this way.....

"Don" wrote:

I usualy have all my lists on another page. select the range and
name
the
range. Then on the location you want a drop down, choose data /
validation
and list and =rangename

I did see where when you do a data / validation and put a blank
then
comma
then the list, it does not show the blank. above will work or put a
"."
first?

"wild turkey no9" wrote:

Using the list option, I have six entries that are separated by
commas
entered in the data validation source box. These work fine. How to
add a
blank space as the first choice on the dropdown list?

Thanks

Kevin

--

Dave Peterson