David McRitchie

Hi Daniel,

In your VBE HELP (F1) look up topic "Data Type Summary"
and do look it up because you will need to know this for helping
you with Options Explicit for other data types as well.

Integer, 2 bytes, value -32,768 to 32,767
Long (long integer), 4 bytes value -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647

INFO: How VB Interprets Numbers, Constants and Numeric Types
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/199809

You can use the TypeName VBA function, to determine
how a variable is actually being used such as if something was not declared
or was declared as variant Look up TypeName in your VBE Help.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vba.htm#explicit
---
HTH,

"daniel chen" wrote ...
I do have Options Explicit at the top on all my macros.
Thanks for this extra info about integer.
I thought Long was for decimal numbers only.