Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JPS JPS is offline

Default Updating Formulas

I have a large spreadsheet that is maintained by 3 people. This spreadsheet
is broken into several sections with subtotals for each section. One of us
has a habit of adding rows at the end of a section and forgetting to update
the formulas. I usually learn of this error when I am preparing reports that
do not balance.

My practice is to add rows before the last row; move the last data row up to
the first new blank row than add the new lines in the new blank rows. There
has to be a better way to add rows at the bottom and have the formulas
automaticlly updated.

We are using 2003€¦Does anyone know of method/solution for adding rows at the
bottom of a range and having the formulas automatically updated to include
the new rows?

--
JPS