Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jack jack is offline

Default using vlookup

while I have been a user of Excel for awhile, I have never really used to any
of it potianl. Well now is the time to start using some more features of
Excel.

What I am looking to do is place a value in one cell based on the value of
another cell. I have looked at vlookup, that is how i have my data placed, I
can understand how that works when you use the vlookup formula and puts the
data it needs into that cell.

My question is how do I use the static table of data to place one value from
a cell into a different cell.

Example.

Cell A1 has a text value, so based on that text value I would like to use a
lookup table or if there is something better that is ok also, to place a
value in cell A2 and if I change cell A1 then the value in cell A2 changes.

Thanks

Jack