Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AAH AAH is offline

Default Comparing Addresses from 2 different Worksheets

Thanks again I will try it and let you know.
--
AAH

"Max" wrote:

MATCH is not case sensitive, so case is not an issue. It's more likely that
there are extraneous white spaces here & there in your data which is throwing
the "correct" matching off. TRIM could take care of these and improve the
robustness of matching.

Try it again with TRIM, like this:

In Sheet1's F4, array-entered:
=IF(COUNTA(D4:E4)=0,"",ISNUMBER(MATCH(1,(TRIM(Shee t2!C$4:C$7379)=TRIM(D4))*(TRIM(Sheet2!D$4:D$7379)= TRIM(E4)),0)))

In Sheet2's E4, array-entered:
=IF(COUNTA(C4:D4)=0,"",ISNUMBER(MATCH(1,(TRIM(Shee t1!D$4:D$7379)=TRIM(C4))*(TRIM(Sheet1!E$4:E$7379)= TRIM(D4)),0)))

Btw, please reply directly to my response instead of replying to your own
posting. That's the correct way to carry on discussions in these newsgroups.
Also, take a moment to press the "Yes" button below. Doing so enhances thread
longevity for the general benefit of other readers, and brings nice green
colours up.
--
Max
Singapore
"AAH" wrote:
Hi Max

Thanks for the help but here is the thing ... Some of the addresses that are
a correct match is giving a FALSE result. I did some checks on the ones that
came out FALSE and noticed that. The only difference in the address ...is
that one is upper case and the other lower (i.e. sheet 2 addresses are all in
upper case) but some of them are match and reflect TRUE so I cannot find the
trend.
--
AAH