Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default leave cells blank until formula applied

You need the = sign at the beginning.
--
David Biddulph

"Rita" wrote in message
IF(OR(B41="",C41="",D41=""),"",B41-C41+D41)

This is exactly what I put in, do you see any errors that I missed?
--
Rita

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Well you could change it to this:

=IF(OR(B41="",C41="",D41=""),"",B41-C41+D41)

which will show a blank cell if any of the 3 cells are empty,
otherwise it will show the result (no need for SUM).

Hope this helps,

Pete

On Jul 10, 7:21 pm, Rita wrote:
=SUM(B41-C41)+D41

This is the formula. It's set to automatically calculate. I should say
that
I am using Excel 2007 maybe.

Again, I appreciate any help. It seems like it should be pretty simple!

--
Rita

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Perhaps the formula refers to that cell through absolute addressing
(i.e. with $ symbols before the row and column references)

Perhaps your workbook is set to Manual calculation - use Tools |
Options | Calculation tab to set it to automatic.

Perhaps you want your formula to do something like this:

=IF(cell_ref="","",your_formula)

or:

=IF(cell_ref="",0,your_formula)

But we can't really tell as you have not given us the formula that
you
are using.

Pete

On Jul 10, 6:29 pm, Rita wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with simple calculation formulas in the
columns and one
of the columns with the same formula copied and pasted into each
cell is
driving me crazy! I just want the cells to be either blank or have
a zero
but, instead, the value from the top cell is in all of them. I
didn't past
the values only the formula. Am I missing something in the formula
or in the
formatting of those cells? Help Please!
--
Rita- Hide quoted text -