Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default how to do these things in Excel with and without VBA?

Oh well, one of life's little mysteries then.

FWIW, anything along the following lines will always work, even where the
selection is a multi area range

Selection.Value = 2 * Selection(1).Value

Regards,
Peter T

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
LOL... I don't get it! I tried to use varying amounts in the cells (using
series fills) and it didn't work. NOW, I can't even get the method that

was
working consistently to work anymore... no matter how many time I start a
new session and repeat the exact same process that worked before, I can no
longer get it to work any more... not even once.

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in

I've tried it with various sized selections and, for a new session of

Excel,
I can make it work every time. As I said though, I have no idea what
combination of worksheet events are the trigger, but it seems to always

fail
after doing things with the worksheet.

Does it also work with unique values in cells rather than all one's (eg

as
populated by that macro I posted earlier). Not only not-error but (say)
multiply values in each area by 2

Selection = 2 * Selection ' a multi area discontiguous range

Is there anyone else who can re-create what Rick has described in a new
session, even with one's throughout ?

Regards,
Peter T