Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Fill down with references to worksheets

=INDIRECT(ROW()&"!H2")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:04:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

There are a number of posts on this subject, but I couldn't find
exactly what I was looking for!

I have a workbook with a number of invoices, all the same format, one
on each worksheet. The worksheets have the same number as the invoice
and are numbered sequentially (35, 36, 37 etc).

I have a summary sheet that has one line per invoice and shows invoice
number, date, total etc. Can I use Fill Down to copy formulae such as
='23'!H$2 so they increment from row to row to ='24'!H$2, ='25'!H$2
etc? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance!

Chris