Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Autoformating cells

Can you use DataImport External DataNew Web Query?

In your query you can specify in Options to "disable date recognition"

Gord

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 00:51:00 -0700, Piglet
wrote:

Hi Gorb,

Thanks for the response - we've tried to paste special as text but it
still autoformats the cells into a Date format. The text to columns way does
work as we've tried this, but we were wondering if there is a quicker way of
doing it as this is quite a laborous process when you are having to do this
20 times?

Best Regards

Piglet

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You could try Paste SpecialText

Or copy into Notepad, save then open with Excel to get the Text to Column Wizard
where in Step 3 you choose Text as Column Data Format.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 01:41:01 -0700, Piglet
wrote:

Is it possible to stop excel from Auto formatting a cell into date fprmat
when you paste date in from the internet?