Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Create a list in a shared workbook

Using help for "shared workbooks" you will find a list of features not available
in shared worksbooks and the alternatives for these features.

Unfortunately "Create Lists" has no alternative.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:17:01 -0700, Bagheera
wrote:

Excel 2003 Help tells me that I cannot create a list in a shared workbook -
most frustrating. Does anyone know of a workaround (or indeed why this should
be), please?

I have shared the workbook to avoid the annoying message that crops up each
time I try and save the document to the server (The file may have been
changed by another user, etc etc) so I could always work on it on my C:\
drive or turn off file sharing, but it seems a bit of a fudge.

Thanks.