Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ArcticWolf ArcticWolf is offline

Default Date and time stamping with a (macro) button

Hi,

I have a piece of machinery that breaks down (as they do). I want my
production manager to start recording the occurances of these break downs.
He is not PC literate and want him to register these by just clicking a
button - simple.

In sheet 1, I want 9 (macro?) buttons each of which relate to a certain
breakdown cause eg oil leak, low pressure etc. I want him to just press the
relevant button everytime it occurs. Then on sheet 2, I want column A to
show which of the 9 buttons were pressed, and in column B date/time stamp.
Each time a button is pressed it records the information on the next
availible row in sheet 2. Periodically I will remove the information from
sheet2 so it will need to start from row 1 again. Can this be done in Excel?

Thanks in advance,

AW