Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tacrier Tacrier is offline

Default Text to columns with date format does not work :(

Hi there,

I have a text file that i would like to convert into Excel. There is a
column in my file that contains a date but it is not recognized in Excel.

I tried to use the Text to Columns feature using the date format, however it
worked for about 1/3 of my data. Most of the column remains unchanged.

The text file date shows as (for example):

Apr20/07

Any suggestions on an alternate solution to have my date recognized in Excel?

Thanking you in advance,
Trina