Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_863_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_863_] is offline

Default Need help in date format

Convert? Do you mean to physically change it, within the same cell, to a
real date? You could use a helper column and put this formula...

=--TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00")

adjacent to the top cell with your 8-digit numbers in them (adjust the A1 to
match the actual cell address) and copy it down. Then select the entries in
the helper column and Edit/Copy them, select the top cell with your 8-digit
number in it and click Edit/PasteSpecial, select Values and hit Okay, then
delete the values in the helper column.

Rick

"mzaman1952" wrote in message
In my spreadsheet I have date like "20080428" which I want to convert to
04/28/08 or any regular date. Can I able to do it?