Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RandyWillaman RandyWillaman is offline

Default Cannot insert illustrations or charts

I have a large spreadsheet (Office 2007) that will not allow me to insert an
illustration or a chart. The ribbon has these functions disabled. If I
open up a 'new' spreadsheet they are enabled and work properly.

I don't have any fields or sheets protected at this point. Thought that
might have affected it. I do have some macros that I wrote, but I saved the
spreadsheet in an old format to 'get rid' of them but still doesn't work.

What started this is I have an embedded image that I cannot see or delete on
the spreadsheet, but it will show up on the 'print preview'. The help talks
about a drawing canvas, but I can't use/see any drawing or chart functions...
any ideas out there?