Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Locking documents in Excel after a template has been created.

How is the template retrieved (accessed) by the other users?

Is the template on a shared drive (LAN - network)?

Is the template *copy* renamed and saved to a particular file after data
entry?

RD

"Borneval" wrote in message
I have created a template to use at my office that I need to share with
other
employees to use. The template is locked with only necessary cells opened
for data entry. The issue I'm having is these templates need to be locked
completely once the data has been entered so they cannot be altered. I
can't
lock the worksheet completely without first unlocking the template. Is
there
was way to share a locked template that gives others the ability to lock the
data they've entered but not have access to altering any other aspects of
the
original template?