Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Jones Steve Jones is offline

Default Variable Text in Comments box.

Hi Mike

I used the code in a blank spreadsheet and it does exactly what I wanted.

In my spreadsheet however the results in cells A1 and a2 are text and
results from a lookup table.

Because I'm not entering anything in cells A1 and A2 the code doesn't run.

Any ideas?

Thanks once again

Steve

"Mike H" wrote in message

You don't give too much details but this enters a comment in C1 comprising
the Text in A1 & A2. Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste this
in

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A2")) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Range("C1")
.ClearComments
.AddComment
.Comment.Text Range("A1").Value & Range("A2").Value
End With
Application.EnableEvents = True

Mike

"Steve Jones" wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to have for example the contents of cell A1 & A2 in the
comments box?

Therefore changing the comment as the cells change.

I have tried looking on Contextures site.

Thanks very much

Steve