Dave Peterson

I've never written a .dll/.xll.

Are you sure that it wasn't your add-in that caused the trouble <gd&r???

(just a joke!)

Fredrik Wahlgren wrote:

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Can you give an example when you had trouble with nested =vlookup()'s?

I wrote an xll for a company that now has been acquired by Cognos. This is
essentially an add-in written in C/C++. It forced an unconditional
recalcualtion of all functions. On severeal ooccasions, I received workbooks
that didn't recalculate properly. This was particularly true if the user had
created a sheet with nested lookup, hlookup or vlookup functions. If these
functioins were replaced with the values they were meant to return they
worked OK. There was one sheet were I was able to replace the vlookup
function with an if statement and it then worked too. Those at helpdesk were
aware of this so I didn't see all sheets. For some weird reason, these
sheets didn't work if the xll called the CalculateFull command.

/Fredrik

--

Dave Peterson