Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default Its a toughie, not sure if its possible.

Hi

If I understand you right, this is what you need.
In B1 "first value"
in B2 "add value"
in B3 "Replace value"
in B4 "add to replace value"
Formula in B5:

=IF(B3 0,SUM(B3:B4),SUM(B1:B2))

Hopes it helps

Regards,
Per

"Chiccada" skrev i meddelelsen
I would like to know if its possible to create a sum total based
on categories selected in other cells.
For example, I have 3 categories: First, Additional & replacement. First
funnily enough is always the first number to be stated in the list, then
there can be any number of Additionals on top of that. Replacements
however
override everything that has gone before it and effectively reset the sum
what the Replacement is worth, Additionals can also be added on top of
these
Replacements. Can I get a sum to intelligently see what categories are
added
to a list as they are added and calculate the equivalent totals?

Eg

First 1
Add 1

Sum Shows 2

First 1
Add 1
Replacement 24

Sum shows 24

If anyone can understand what im trying to create and help me out that
would
be fantastic.

Many thanks in advance,

Rikki