Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Time Format

Hi,

Yes you can do that but need to bear in mind that while the workbook is
updating this clock the performance 'may' deteriorate. Try this.

Put these 2 short macros in 'This Workbook'

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:8"), "CalcMacro"
Application.OnTime dTime, "CalcMacro", , False
End Sub

And this one in an ordinary module

Public dTime As Date
Sub CalcMacro()
dTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:08")
Application.OnTime dTime, "CalcMacro"
Application.Calculate
End Sub

You can set the time interval to update to what you want, currently set at 8
seconds.

Mike

"Dr. Sachin Wagh" wrote:

Thanks a Ton Mike

You guys have kept Excel lively; the tip solves my problem. Just in case I'm
not stretching it too far, is there any method in which the F9 can be kept
continuosly operational (just like a watch)

Thanks & Regards
--
Dr. Sachin Wagh
MBBS, DHA, DPH

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Custom format of

hh:mm:ss.000

Put =Now() in the cell and Tap F9 and you'll see the time update including
milliseconds

Mike

"Dr. Sachin Wagh" wrote:

Is there any way to custom time format to have milli-seconds also apart from
HH:MM:SS

tHANKS & rEGARDS
--
Dr. Sachin Wagh