Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Is there an INDIRECT function for a RANGE?

Thanks for feeding back!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jmt" wrote in message
Thank you. My error was omiting an apostrophe (') before th sheet name.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Not sure what you're looking for but it'll work as you describe.

D1 = text string: Sheet1!A1:B4

=SUM(INDIRECT(D1))

D1 = a formulated reference: ="Sheet1!A"&A1&":B"&B1

Where A1 and B1 contain the row numbers

=SUM(INDIRECT(D1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jmt" wrote in message
I'm trying to find the equivalent of the INDIRECT function, but instead
of
cell location, I'd like to "build" a Range. As an example, I'd like to
convert the following text, "CONCATENATE("Sheet","'!A1:B4") to a range
that
Excel can understand. If this were simply a cell reference, then the
text
string could be the argument for the INDIRECT function. Is there a way
do
this? Thanks in advance