Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
infinite1013 infinite1013 is offline

Default how do i replace #n/a in a vlookup?

Thanks Mike. I was missing a parenthesis when transferring your formula to my
spreadsheet. It works perfect now! Just what i needed. Thanks so much!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

If there is no value in L2 or the formula cannot match that value then it
will produce the #NA error and the modification I gave you should cure that.

If there is a value in L2 and it finds a match on the worksheet 'March
Chargebacks' and there is no value in column F then that's when it returns 0
(zero).

I don't understand what the question now is.

Mike

"infinite1013" wrote:

Thanks, but when I entered this, I get 0 for every answer that it is copied
to. Is there any other way to set this up? The original formula is designed
to use the number in L2 to find its match on another worksheet and return a
percentage that is in column six of that page. It returns the correct
percentage, when there is one. I want to clean up the worksheet by getting
rid of the #N/A. Thanks again.

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(L2,'March
Chargebacks'!A$1:F$613,6,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(L2,'Ma rch
Chargebacks'!A$1:F$613,6,FALSE))

Mike

"infinite1013" wrote:

Can you please show me how to replace the #N/A result with 0?
=VLOOKUP(L2,'March Chargebacks'!A$1:F$613,6,FALSE)