Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
girasole girasole is offline

Default Countif with multiple criteria

Hi. I am trying to compose a function in an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that will
count the number of cells that meet two criteria--to count if there is a date
in one column AND if there is specific text in another column.

Column I contains dates (appearing as, for example, 7-Feb-08, but stored as
2/7/2008)
Column E contains text

I have been trying to find a function that would do something along the
lines of:
Count if column I contains a date (and is not blank) AND if column E
contains "GC"