Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter Peter is offline

Default char 124 where is on my keyboard.

thankyou!
--
Peter

"James Silverton" wrote:

Peter wrote on Tue, 8 Jul 2008 04:49:00 -0700:

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a
delimiter in the text to columns wizard for some data i am
importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i
get the answer from one of you clever people, could you also
tell me pls how to link a particular character or character
code with its location on the keyboard so i can access it.

many thanks

The symbols are probably marked on the keys above and to the right of
the alphabetics, so just enter ALT+0124 (number pad) and see what you
get.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not