Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter Peter is offline

Default char 124 where is on my keyboard.

taa!
--
Peter

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

In the "other" delimiter box enter the character by holding Alt key and typing
0124 on the numpad.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 04:49:00 -0700, Peter
wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks