Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Maverick_TG Maverick_TG is offline

Default month function

On Jul 7, 9:17*am, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
wrote:
Just to point out, you can use either 28, 29 or 30 for the multiplier
constant... your choice.

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
. ..

This should work...

=TEXT(28*A1,"mmmm")

where A1 contains your month number; of course, you could use the number,
or a calculation that results in the number, directly...

=TEXT(28*12,"mmmm")

Rick

"jordanpcpre" wrote in message
Is there a way to use the month function so that if 12 is inputed,
December
will be the output? *Rather than the reverse. *I tried

=Month(12)

but that doesn't return December. *Could you help me please?! *Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Although answered, another way of going about it is to use the choose
function

=choose(A1, "Jan", "Feb", "Mar",etc...) Therefore, if a 12 is
entered, the formula will look to the 12th label within and result in
Dec