Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Autopopulate text from multiple tabs into list.

Lindsey
Auto-populating as you suggest would be a nightmare of trying to
determine when an entry is completed (6 columns) and when and what entry has
been deleted. May I suggest something? On some sheet (your choice) have a
button. Whenever you want to generate this "complete list", you click on
that button. The related code (a macro) fires and first deletes everything
on the complete list sheet, then copies everything from every "fire" sheet
and pastes it into the "complete list" sheet. Done! Takes about 2-3
seconds.
Does that sound anything like what you want?
If it does, post back and tell me more about the layout of your "fire"
sheets, like what columns do you want copied, in what row does the data
start (below the headers if any), the layout of the "complete list" sheet
AND it's name. Also tell me the tab name of EVERY non-fire sheet in the
file. The macro will loop through ALL the sheets in the file and it needs
to know which sheets to ignore.
Also tell me how you want the "complete list" sheet sorted after all the
copying is done. HTH Otto
"Rewbie" wrote in message
I may have read elsewhere here that this is not possible, but I want to see
if my situation applies.

I manually track fire resources in CA that are sent to wildfires in one
workbook. Each fire has its own tab. Each tab has a list of 6 columns
with
a resource's agency codes, id, type, request number, and date assigned.
The
Chief wants a complete list every day of all resources assigned, which I
have
to go to each tab and copy/paste the data entered into a sheet for a
complete
list. Is there a way to create a sheet that will auto-populate a resource
as
its entered on a fire tab so that, by the end of the day, all the
resources
entered and/or removed from the fire tabs will be on this one sheet in a
nice
long list?

Right now we have over 30 fires going, so this would make my life so much
easier! Any suggestions (even if it means another program) - I would
greatly
appreciate it!! :o)

Lindsey