Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_835_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_835_] is offline

Default month function

As it turns out, you can save the function call and just use this...

=28*A1

where A1 contains the month number, or you can use this..

=28*12

where you would use whatever the number is in place of the 12, then use your
'mmmm' custom format.

Rick

"TomPl" wrote in message
You could use the formula =month(1900,12,1) then do a custom format on the
cells with the formula of mmmm. That works for me.

Tom

"jordanpcpre" wrote:

Is there a way to use the month function so that if 12 is inputed,
December
will be the output? Rather than the reverse. I tried

=Month(12)

but that doesn't return December. Could you help me please?! Thanks!