Debra Dalgleish

A pivot table won't calculate a unique count. You could add a column to
the list, then add that field to the pivot table.

For example, to count unique items in column A, use the following formula:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A2,A2)=1,1,0)

Copy this formula down to all rows in the list, then add the field to
the pivot table.

Nelson wrote:
Hi,

I have a large list - and was wondering how to count unique numbers (eg.
customer IDs) in a pivot table.
I have arranged my data so each location is shown in the rows.

Can this be done? So far I can only get the data field to count the total
entries, but not unique entries by location.

If not - is there a way to do this with a formula?

Any help appreciated.

Nelson

--
Debra Dalgleish