Jim Cone

Nelson,

Add a title directly above the list
Select the title and list
Go to Data | Pivot Table
On the layout view, drag the title to the row field.
AND drag the title to the data field.
"OK" and "Finish" your way out of the pivot Table.

You will have a list of all the numbers with the count for each.
This can be copied and pasted where you want.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Nelson" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a large list - and was wondering how to count unique numbers (eg.
customer IDs) in a pivot table.
I have arranged my data so each location is shown in the rows.
Can this be done? So far I can only get the data field to count the total
entries, but not unique entries by location.
If not - is there a way to do this with a formula?
Any help appreciated.
Nelson