Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mgccoop mgccoop is offline

Default Conditional Formatting on empty cells

Thanks,
When using Excel 2007 I'm stuggling how to enter formulae like that. It was
easier to do that within the old conditional formatting process.

However using what you suggested before I was able to fix it by revising it
from:
Cell Value is less than 70
Cell Value is between 1 and 70.

Thanks for your help.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Add an argument to your formulas that tests for that condition.

For example, if you had a formula:

=A1<100

Revise it to:

=And(A1<100,A1<"")
OR
=And(A1<100,A10)
--
HTH,

RD

"mgccoop" wrote in message
I'm setting up a new report for the month of July and creating formatting
rules for data that will be entered throughout the month. However, when I
apply my rules to cells that have not yet got data entered (eg. for next
week) it is showing up as "formatted" even though the cell is empty. Is
there an override for this conditional formatting so that it the

formatting
won't show up until I enter something in that cell? I'm new to Excel

2007.
Thanks,