Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nico Nico is offline

Default Cycling through workbooks

Hello,

I'm creating various spreadsheets for managers listing accesses to various
programs in a number of tabs, to avoid the out of memory error, I've broken
it down into four stages.

The first stage creates the a file for each manager and copies the first
batch of records into a given manager's spreadsheet, and the rest are
supposed to copy teh rest of the records from the other files, but I can't
get it to open the original spreadsheets.

The spreadsheets were successfully created with the following code:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="\\[server and folder path]\Quarterly
Attestations\Quarterly Reports\" & SPOC & " - " & QYear & " " & QName,
FileFormat:=xlNormal, _

SPOC = Manager's name (ex. Smith, Bob)
QYear = Year (ex. 2008)
QName = Quarter (ex. Q2)

I've been trying to use the following to open the workbook without luck:

Workbooks.Open Filename:="\\[server and folder path]\Quarterly
Attestations\Quarterly Reports\" & SPOC & " - " & QYear & " " & QName & ".xls"

It will cycle through some 500 manager names during the updating. Is there
another way I should be doing this?

Thanks!