Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default May be a long-shot, but.....

Check your other post, too.

wrote:

Hello all. For the life of me, I can't get my sum functions to work
with text entries. FTR, I am using Excel 2003. The purpose lays in
this example... I have a column with three different alpha-codes that
have been designated like this:

A denotes blue textbooks
B denotes brown textbooks
C denotes red textbooks

In this column, there are 45 rows with either an A, B or C
classification. Is it possible to add a function/formula where I can
automatically calculate a subtotal of each, then a grand-total of all
classifications together?

I know this is a weird request, but I have been out of the function
loop far too long, and I am certainly not a coder, by any means.

Thanks in advance for your great help!

Chris

--

Dave Peterson