David McRitchie

Hi Spinner,
I've added a summary of your comments as to what really was important, and
point back to this thread in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#excel2003
so if you continue to add to this thread that would be appreciated as the thread is referenced.

You might also take a look at Charles Williams pages
http://www.decisionmodels.com they're back if you couldn't get to them earlier.
though i would mention that his pages are best viewed in Firefox (Mozilla or
Netscape) instead of IE, if you have a choice. Anyway he has more to say
of optimization performance.
---
HTH,

"Spinner" wrote ...
The main things I took out of Excel was the Text to Voice feature and out of
Office were the "alternative inputs" (Voice and Hand writing Recognition).