Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default not working for me

It sounds like the cell that holds the formula is formatted as TEXT. Change
the format to GENERAL then double click the cell then hit ENTER.

Another possibility is that you may have formula view activated. Navigate to
ToolsOptionsView tab. Under Window options, uncheck FormulasOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

<justin something wrote in message ...
I have tried all of the suggestions/guidance here and in a KB article of
the same subject and I still have the same prob. All I get is a formula in
the intended destination. How do I get a simple SUM? Very frustrated.
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated