Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ACarella ACarella is offline

Default Importing unopened worksheet into an open Workbook

Hi Dave or Anyone out the I was wondering if you could help me.
I have 3 sets of workbooks in 47 different languages.
Workbook A has the following:
A header row that displays the following
ColA = Country
ColB = Language
ColC = Section
ColD = Phrase
ColE = Num
ColF = New
ColG = Country Specific
Then several rows following the heading row

Workbook B has the following:
2 header rows that will not be coming over
ColA = TextCode
ColB = Original Text
ColC = Translation
and rows of data following

Workbook C has the following:
one header row that will not be coming over
ColA = Text Code
ColB = Original Text
ColC = Translation

What I need:
1 Master workbook for each language (meaning, I need a master workbook/sheet
for a language to start with appending workbook a and its headings and append
workbook b and then append workbood c.

with workbook b and c, Col A would append to ColC of Master and Col c would
append to ColD of Master.

I have 47 languages with three spreadsheets each to do from now until Monday.
Is this doable. Of course I will be working on it all weekend.

Can you help me?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Hi GrayestGhost-

Direct answer to your question is No. In order to move or copy sheets from
one file to another, both files must be open. Even if you move or copy to a
New workbook, tha wkbk will open as it is created.

HTH |:)

"GrayesGhost" wrote:

If an unopened Excel Workbook only contains a single worksheet, is it
possible to import the data from that worksheet into another Workbook that is
open, without having to open the other file?