Der Musensohn

Default Restrict input if amount is exceeded

I'm using a checkbook style worksheet for a budget. I enter the total
budgeted amount in a single cell. As invoices come in, the amount is entered
in one column and then the adjusted total appears next to it. (All very
simple and straight forward). I would like to be able to restrict input once
the budgeted amount has been reached, i.e. if the budget is $500, my running
total is at $450, I receive an invoice for $60, if I try to enter $60 the
cell refuses the amount. BUT, I would like to make this even more
complicated by allowing the input if a code (or some such animal) is entered.
Does this even sound possible?
Thank you.